What are the factors for the leaking of LiPo battery product packaging?
Currently, the batteries utilized in the market are generally divided into 3 classifications, square batteries, cylindrical batteries, and soft pack batteries. The most vital applications of soft pack batteries are found in digital CE products. LiPo batteries are lithium polymer batteries and their name is dependent on the material of the electrolyte. Here we merely present what are the factors for the leakage of these soft LiPo battery package.
Production Procedure of LiPo Battery
The production of Li-ion batteries is essentially divided into post-processes and pre-processes. The processes of coating, stirring, and rolling of numerous kinds of batteries are considerably different. For lithium batteries, due to the fact that wetness will react with the electrolyte to make HF, which will harm the SEI film of the battery and ultimately considerably reduce the battery's performance, a good seal can be the determining factor for its performance. For soft pack batteries, the primary procedure for sealing the battery is the product packaging procedure.
Reasons for Leakage and Corrosion of LiPo Battery Packages
- Generally, the output current is quite big, the constant discharge time is quite long, and the temperature level of the soft LiPo battery rises. There are likewise batteries that have actually been utilized for a long period of time and might leak fluid.
- When the acid is poured, it splashes out, resulting in a false leakage.
- Lithium batteries are significantly overcharged, and various kinds of lithium battery packs are utilized in combinations, leading to bad battery gas recombination efficiency.
- Fractures at the seal because of the sealant's aging process.
- Dry batteries don't have any acid. Typically, batteries are ammonium chloride and zinc chloride liquids. Alkaline batteries have potassium hydroxide as a liquid.
Approach for Identifying Leakage of LiPo Battery
As soon as the battery leaks, the internal electrolyte will stream out of its portion. In case the electrolyte can be sensitively detected, you can figure out whether the battery will leak or not.
The vacuum technique is utilized to make use of the qualities of the leakage of the battery to drain the whole battery, forming more pressure differences between the exterior and interior of the leaking battery. The electrolyte might accompany the internal output air circulation out of the battery. A low detection rate is found in this method, but it is usually used due to its great operability.
Through 100 % manual examination, check whether the battery has not deformed and there is no electrolyte leakage. This technique is the most standard approach, and it is likewise the most convenient to operate.
Avoid Leakage and Corrosion of LiPo Battery Package
- When welding the battery cap and the case, it must be bonded strongly and firmly. There need to be no leakages or incorrect welds, and there need to be no fractures or fractures in the weld.
- When the steel ball is sealed, its size is suitable, and its material is the very same as that of the cap.
- The positive pole of the cap is firmly connected in place with no space, and the insulating gasket is flexible, tough to aging, and corrosion-resistant.
Matters Requiring Attention for LiPo Batteries
Storage temperature level
In an environment with a temperature level of 20 ± 5 degrees and a humidity of somewhere less than 50 %, the disintegration of aluminum foil by water vapors and air can occur.
Polymer soft pack lithium batteries prevent over-discharging and overcharging throughout the charging procedure, and prevent internal and external short circuits. The majority of Li-ion batteries now have short circuit defense circuits and explosion-proof wires. Oftentimes, this security circuit might not operate in different scenarios, and explosion-proof wires can just play a restricted role.
While Charging, Do Not Overcharge
The chemical nature of lithium is extremely active and it is simple to burn. When the battery is discharged and charged, the internal temperature level of the battery keeps on rising, the gas produced throughout the activation procedure expands, the battery's internal pressure rises, and the pressure reaches a specific level which results in leakages, fires, and even explosions. The LiPo battery will just swell.
The package's quality of soft pack batteries determines the battery's quality. To attain the optimum efficiency of a lithium battery, you should utilize it regularly, so that the electrons inside the lithium battery are constantly in a running state. If you don't utilize lithium batteries frequently, please keep in mind to complete a charging cycle each month. Also, make sure to do a power calibration.