PCM or PCB ( protection circuit module or board ) is the "heart" of Lithium battery pack. It will protect Lithium battery pack from overcharging, over-discharging and over-drain, therefore it is the must to have to avoid Lithium battery pack from explosion, fire and damage.
For low voltage lithium battery packs (<20 cells), you shall choose PCM with equilibrium function to keep each cell in balance and good service life. For high voltage Lithium battery pack (>20 cells), you shall consider advanced BMS ( battery manage system) to monitor each cell's performance to ensure battery's safer operation.
A battery management system (BMS) is any electronic system that manages a rechargeable battery (cell or battery pack), such as by monitoring its state, calculating secondary data, reporting that data, protecting the battery, controlling its environment, and / or balancing it. A BMS may monitor the state of the battery as represented by various items, such as:
- Voltage: total voltage, or voltages of individual cells
- Temperature: average temperature, or temperatures of individual cells
- State of charge (SOC) or depth of discharge (DOD): to indicate the charge level of the battery
- State of health (SOH), a variously-defined measurement of the overall condition of the battery
- Current: current in or out of the battery
AA Portable power corp. has our own factory to design and manufacture high quality PCM and BMS for all types Lithium battery packs. We test each PCM before shipping and promise PCM is functional and safe. If you have any question in using PCM, please feel free to contact us